The University of the Aegean Library enable users to borrow material that is located in any of the Library Branches (Lesvos, Rhodes, Samos, Syros and Lemnos) through Interbranch lending.
Interbranch lending procedure
To borrow an item located at a Library Branch, users must complete and submit an interbranch loan request form at the Branch where the item is located. The Library Branch will either approve or reject the user’s request. In any case, the Library Branch will notify the user either by email or by telephone.
Interbranch items are posted from one branch to another at no charge to the user, unless users prefer a courier service for the delivery of the material, in which case they are charged with the delivery fee.
Interbranch borrowing policies
Users must be authorized members of the Library (i.e. member card holders) to use the Library interbranch loan service. Interbranch loan requests may not exceed the allowed number of items per user.
The number of items which may be borrowed by the members of each Library Branch is determined according to the general lending regulations. The loan period is defined to:
- one (1) week for undergraduate students of the University
- two (2) weeks for for faculty members, postgraduate students and the administrative staff of the University
To renew an interbranch loan, users should contact the lending Branch. A loan will be renewed by the lending Branch, if no other user has reserved it. A loan can be renewed up to two (2) one-week period times.
The general responsibilities and fines for users are defined by the Library Regulation.
The interbranch loan service concerns the Library material that falls within the general Library borrowing policies. Therefore, users cannot borrow the following material:
- Reference books
- Journal issues
- Audiovisual material
- Certain books that are in high demand by users, only for that period of high demand as this is determined by the Branch head or upon consultation with members of the Faculty
- Material in damaged condition that needs preservation
- Items of the Grey Literature Collection (graduate and postgraduate theses, doctoral dissertations, technical or research reports)
- Rare material and
- New entries before they have been fully documented and processed in the Library catalogues